Most products except electronics products come with a 12 month warranty which you may seek a refund or replacement for the product.
Electronic products comes with a 3 month warranty.
Mattresses varies please see individual product description
Damage on Arrival / Faulty
Damage on Arrival (DOA) This warranty only applies to items that are broken when arrived or appear to be not functioning on initial usage.
You are required to notify ALX & Co. within 10 working days in the unlikely event that the item arrives damaged or faulty. In addition to a detailed description,
you are required to provide images (or a short video clip if more appropriate) of the damage in order to proceed with the warranty process.
The following terms and conditions apply to DOA warranty:
- Customers must check the item(s) and report the damages or faults (pictures or videos) to us by email email@example.com after receiving the item(s).
- We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges (postage and handling) may apply.
- Please DO NOT return the faulty item to us without our approval. It’s important for you to keep your invoice number, without It you could not make a claim.
For mattresses sold and shipped in vacuum compressed packaging,
Please ensure you check the size and details of the product printed on the packaging box and decide that you indeed want this item before decompressing a mattress.
Once you have decompressed the mattress it will not fit in original packaging, cannot be re-compressed or re-sold.
This means the item is no longer in original condition.
By purchasing this item, buyer agrees that seller can reject the return of a decompressed mattress, or issue refund amount equivalent to 50% of the purchase price at our discretion.
Shipping fee is non refundable in any case.
The benefits given to you in our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the mattress to which the warranty relates.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the mattress. You are also entitled to have the mattresses repaired or replaced at ALX & Co. discretion if the mattresses is defective but the failure does not amount to a major failure.
During the period specified by the warranty from the date of your purchase of this product, ALX & Co. will send it to our supplier for repair or replace the defective mattress or part if the defect is found to be caused by faulty workmanship or materials under a valid warranty claim.
ALX & Co. reserves the right to substitute product of equal or better quality, and to use or deliver refurbished products or parts in the repair or replacement product under this warranty.
This mattress warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric.
- Sagging with indentation greater than 38mm.
- This is covered ONLY IF the mattress has been continuously supported by a matching foundation, or an appropriate bed frame.
- For queen or king size mattresses, an appropriate bed frame includes at least five legs and a rigid centre support that extends from the frame to the ground.
- For slatted bed frames, if width of slats is less than 6cm, width of gaps between slats should not exceed 6cm.
- If width of slats is more than 6cm, width of gaps between slats can be more than 6cm but must be equal or less than the width of slats.
- Foundation Splits in the wood frame, except those caused by abuse or that occur during improper use. Splitting occurring in the wood frame.
- Loose or broken foundation wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Leg and castor failure.
- Wear and tear of mattress fabric or stitching.
- Handles (where fitted) - these should be used only to position the mattress and should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress (innerspring) and foundation, bent due to moving or folding the sleep set.
- Bedding sold 'As Is' Comfort layer and materials Bed Height.
- Mattress firmness Mattress noise Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation or bed frame.
- Minor manufacturing anomalies that do not impact the performance of the bed (eg. mis-stitching on quilting).
- Damage due to misuse, abuse or neglect negligence including folding, bending, standing on or jumping on the mattress or base.
- Conditions arising from normal wear and tear including mattress cover compression, foam compression or discolouration of components.
- A mattress or base that, on inspection is found to be stained or in an unsanitary condition.
- Bent or broken castors or legs, loose T-nuts inside the base, caused by castor legs not having been kept sufficiently tight or other broken fittings caused by poor maintenance.
- Unless you have purchased a mattress from our commercial range and have been explicitly given a commercial warranty, the mattress warranty shall become void if the goods are used for any commercial purpose or in any commercial environment.
- Except as expressly stated, this warranty does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the occurrence of the defect in the mattress or base or your inability to use the mattress or base.
In general the Warranty will not apply in these circumstances.
- The goods have not been installed,
- maintained, operated or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or any other specifications provided with the goods;
- where damage or defects are caused by deliberate or negligent misuse or abuse, physical alteration, fire, liquid spillage, use of incorrect voltage, power surges or dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, computer viruses, corrosive conditions or introduction by an insect, pest or other foreign body;
- where damage results from any third party software or hardware not provided by us;
- where items are lost or stolen; and in relation to repairs of batteries, where the batteries have not been used in accordance with specifications or they expire by normal use.
- Normal wear and/ tear.